leads to feeling good.
Skintelligence has the right tools and techniques to combat the early signs of aging, using the top medical grade injectables.
Facial wrinkles and lines result from a combination of many factors.
- cellular changes that can occur over time,
- reduction of collagen, or
- damage caused by free radicals in the sun and the environment.
If you are bothered by the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on your face, we can help. But before your treatment, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Avoid taking certain medications, such as aspirin or ibuprofen, to minimize bruising or bleeding at your injection site.
- Do not ingest alcohol prior to your treatment.
- At the Clinic, your skin will be cleansed and a local anesthetic may be applied to help minimize discomfort.
- Your filler injections may result in bruising and slight swelling, but these are temporary.
- You can often return to normal work activities on the day of your treatment session.
- Exercise should be avoided for 24 hours following your filler injection.
- from patient to patient – most cosmetic injections are not permanent and will require future visits to maintain results.
- the frequency with which you will need to return for repeat treatments depends on the type of treatment used, the treatment area, and your individual response to treatments.
- Botox may require repeat injections within 3 – 4 months. Results will vary by patient.
- Dermal fillers have been shown to last 6 months to one year or more. Results will vary by patient.
Botox® is a safe, FDA-approved cosmetic treatment that is used for a variety of therapeutic reasons, including excessive sweating and migraines, but for cosmetic treatments as well. This “liquid facelift” is for people of all economic backgrounds because of its affordability on a per unit basis and its results are incredible.
Botox works best on moderate to severe expression lines, and those from frowning or squinting over the years, including:
- frown lines above your brows (commonly referred to as “parentheses”)
- crow’s feet around the outside corners of your eyes
- forehead lines
- wrinkles/ lines above the upper lip (smokers lines)
The beneficial effects of Botox appear within just a few days after treatment. You will begin to see a visible smoothing of lines in the treated areas. Results will continue to improve over the course of approximately 1 – 2 weeks and last for up to 3 – 4 months. We offer a complimentary follow up visit after the initial Botox® injection to ensure you are happy with the effects of the treatment. Any additional corrections can be done during this visit.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is refined from the bacterium, Clostridium botulinum and contains tiny amounts of a highly purified botulinum toxin protein: it is also case-specific, formulations, potency, and approved doses vary among botulinum toxin products, meaning that one product cannot take the place of another.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is the #1 selling product of its kind in the world (data collected through June 2014) and is one of the most extensively studied medical aesthetic treatments and has been approved for cosmetic use in 78 countries (including VISTABEL® outside of North America).
- The safety and efficacy of the treatment have been evaluated by its founding company, Allergan in sponsored clinical trials, as well as in 417 peer-reviewed articles published in scientific and medical journals.
- Botox® is a safe, FDA-approved cosmetic treatment that has been used on more than 11 million people in North America to restore a younger appearance (American Society of Plastic Surgeons).
- Unlike many prescription drugs, there is no such thing as a “generic” form of BOTOX® Cosmetic, as no studies support that other products are Unit-to-Unit equivalent to BOTOX® Cosmetic.
Is Botox right for you?
During your initial consultation, Dr. Naidoo will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatment areas for you. She is fully licensed, trained, and a medical expert in facial anatomy.
The best candidates for cosmetic Botox treatments are:
- women and men bothered by facial lines and wrinkles – particularly those along the forehead and between the eyes
- individuals who want a minimally invasive procedure, with quick results
You should not get Botox injections if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you suffer from any type of neurological disease.
After treatment, you’ll look like yourself – a less angry looking you with less noticeable frown/forehead lines and crow’s feet!
- Botox injections are in-office procedures performed in just a few minutes.
- Injections use a very fine needle, which is inserted into the facial muscles – there is very little discomfort during the injection.
- Topical ice is used prior to injections as a topical anesthetic, even though the discomfort associated with the process is minimal.
- Some patients report that being injected with BOTOX® Cosmetic feels like a pinch.
- There is a minimal recovery period of approximately 48 hours after getting Botox. During this time, you may experience bruising or headaches.
- Avoid rubbing your face in areas treated with Botox, and do not lie down for the first few hours after the injections. Keep in mind that results from Botox – though significant – usually begin to fade within 4 to 6 months.
- In your consultation with Dr. Nadioo she will request that you return for retreatment periodically.
HYALURONIC ACID FILLERS
Have you considered going under the knife?
You can now breathe a sigh of relief and reconsider your options!
Aging causes the skin to lose volume and hence begin to droop, sag, ” fall” and wrinkle, making you look older and tired.
Dermal fillers are the best and quickest way to restore lost volume to the face and hands.
Dermal fillers are most useful in improving contour and adding shape to sunken areas of the face and are effective in smoothing the texture of your skin and removing lines.
Safe and efficient, these fillers consist of hyaluronic acid (HA), which is found naturally in the skin.
At Skintelligence we use a variety of different HA fillers, including Restylane and Revanesse.
Starting with the top of the face and working our way downwards to the jawline and even the hands, dermal fillers can make a world of difference by filling in, revolumising or plumping up the area, creating a refreshed , younger look and MOST IMPORTANTLY, maintaining a natural, harmonious, aesthetically appealing result.
Everything from the area under the eyes, (that make one look older and tired), the eyebrows, the marionette lines ( the downturns at the corners of the mouth that make one look angry ), the fine lines around the mouth, known as smokers lines, the nasal bridge, nasolabial folds, the cheeks, lips, jaw line, chin, temples, and hands can be treated and improved with just a few painless pricks.
As the skin ages, it begins to dull and develop uneven tone and pigment. Over time, topical creams and skin care products become less helpful for reducing the appearance of blemishes, lines and irregularities. Many seek out more effective treatment options that will deliver significant improvements without an invasive procedure or a lengthy recovery period. A variety of different systems are available on the market, but it’s very important to know that not all the systems provide equal results, or have the same safety profile.
At Skintelligence, we use the Elos technology, a technology that combines energies in such a way as to provide exceptionally effective treatments in the safest possible way, with the greatest level of comfort and without downtime.
The Elos technology features proprietary elos combined-energy technology of optical energies (laser or light) and bipolar radio frequency (RF) . This allows for the use of less optical energy, which improves the safety of the procedure. By using this dual heating method, more energy is able to be delivered to the deeper levels while protecting the superficial skin( epidermis)
IPL is extremely beneficial for:
- Reversing photo/sun damage
- Uneven skin pigmentation/ sun spots
- Rosacea, broken blood vessels, flushing
- Skin texture, superficial lines
- Collagen remodelling/reproduction
- Post surgical red scars
- Overall skin rejuvenation and tightening
It can be safely used on the face, neck, hands, arms and legs.
Dr. Naidoo has chosen the elōs Technology to provide Skin/telligence clients the option to be treated for numerous medical-aesthetic applications including wrinkles and fine lines, hyperpigmentation, increased pore size, uneven skin texture, pigmented lesions, leg veins and the treatment of acne and scarring.
Photorejuvenation with the elōs Plus uses radio-frequency in combination with light energies (IPL), which is safer for the skin.
elōs Plus IPL is a powerful system that can treat a variety of skin conditions, improving quality of the skin and reversing some age related skin concerns.
Significant results are noticeable after even one treatment, however, a series of treatments is recommended for optional results.
Proven technology for all skin types
- fine lines and wrinkles
- stretch marks
- facial and body scars
- textural irregularities caused by excessive sun exposure
Imagine a treatment that reduces fine lines and wrinkles and improves textural irregularities at once!
Sublative Rejuvenation is the all-natural approach to enhancing your youthfulness – all this with little to no downtime. Clinically proven for all skin types.
Fractionated bipolar radio frequency technology causes little micro injuries to the epidermis ( the outer layer of the skin), whilst delivering heat in a controlled, safer manner, to the deeper layer ( the dermis). This initiates a strong wound healing response minimizing the damage to the epidermis and producing a significant increase in both collagen and elastin. This leads to a smoother, rejuvenated appearance and a reduction in fine lines, wrinkles, thin skin laxity, skin irregularities, acne scarring and stretch marks.
Sublative Rejuventation begins with 3 treatments, approximately one month apart. Results last longer and can be further enhanced with yearly maintenance treatments.
Reduce moderate to severe acne scars
- active acne causing bacteria are targeted and destroyed
- sebaceous oil production is decreased, making skin less greasy
- active acne lesions heal faster, new lesions are smoothed
Acne occurs when a sebaceous oil gland surrounding a hair follicle becomes clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Bacteria then grows, causing infection and acne blemishes.
The combined energies of Elos technology – natural photodynamic therapy (400-980nm spectrum) simultaneously combined with RF – enables selective targeting of the sebaceous glands and acne bacteria. The addition of RF energy reduces sebaceous gland activity while blue simultaneously destroys active acne.
The number of treatments depends on the severity of acne. An average treatment schedule is 8 treatments, twice a week with options of following a maintenance program (once or twice a month post treatment).
elōs Plus vein treatment uses combined bi-polar radio frequency and light energies to precisely target and heat the unwanted vein while protecting the surrounding skin.
Small red spider veins on the face or lower body can be treated, as well as larger blue-green coloured veins on the legs.
The total number of required treatment sessions depends on the extent and depth of the lesions. Improvement may be seen after a single treatment and typically achieved within 4 – 6 treatment sessions.
This treatment has no downtime and many patients return to normal activities immediately after treatment.
This non invasive wrinkle treatment uses the Elos combination of infrared light (wavelengths 700- 2000nm) and bipolar radio frequency (RF) to heat the deeper layer of the skin ( the deep dermis). As we age, our skin starts to sag as we lose collagen and elastin in this layer. This treatment stimulates long term collagen synthesis, resulting in an immediate and long term firmer appearance.
Most people are under the impression that peels act only as exfoliating agents, removing the dead layers of cells. However peels, ALSO, stimulate the epidermis and dermis having an anti aging effect.
Peels increase the velocity of cell turnover, making them excellent resurfacing and exfoliating treatments. They increase the presence and volume of water in the skin, stimulate fibroblasts and improve the quality of the collagen.
This helps improve fine lines, superficial wrinkles, dark spots and smooth uneven or rough skin textures. They unclog and reduce pores and improve acne as well as acne scarring.
The basic aim of a chemical peel is to replace the outer, dead layers of tired, sallow, blemished and wrinkled skin to reveal the underlying fresher, younger, healthier looking skin.
This is done by an experienced and qualified doctor who will apply a chemical solution to the skin.
Superficial peels can be repeated every 4 weeks, but deeper peels have a longer lasting effect and may be repeated less frequently.
The pain factor is minimal with most patients experiencing a “burning” or “stinging” sensation, minimized by the use of cooling agents, for example a fan, in the clinic. The downtime for superficial peels is negligible and dryness and flaking etc can be covered with makeup.
We usually recommend appropriate timing of peels in an attempt to have most flaking or dryness on the weekend or when patients would prefer it.
Each patient needs to be individually assessed and Dr Naidoo will do this before deciding on the type of peel and the treatment regimen, In order to have the best possible results.
The appearance of a double chin, or submental fat, can be due to various factors including age, genetics, hormones or weight gain. It can be frustrating as a double chin can make you look older, heavier or unhealthier that you actually are.
Whatever the cause, if you’re bothered by your double chin, Belkyratm may be the solution.
Known as Kybellatm in the United States, Belkyratm is an injectable drug that can reduce submental fat and redefine your jaw line, effectively eliminating your double chin without surgery.
Belkyratm consists of deoxycholic acid, which is a naturally occurring acid found in liver bile and in the gastrointestinal tract that our bodies use to dissolve ingested fat.
When injected into a target area, it destroys fat cell membranes, allowing the fat inside to be released and naturally eliminated from the body. These fat cells are destroyed forever and cannot return.
Belkyratm is Health Canada approved.
Belkyratm is indicated for the superficial subcutaneous submental fat. It is not recommended if the main concern is loose and hanging neck muscle bands or excess skin.
The cost of Belkyratm depends on the number of treatments. Most patients require two treatments, but some, may require up to 6 sessions. Treatments are a month apart.
- At Skintelligence Medical Aesthetics, we use micro needling in combination with PRP (platelet rich plasma). This dual approach is far more effective:
- creating micro injuries to the skin that start a repair process that will stimulate the collagen and elastin, resulting in a thicker epidermis,
- using the micro channels created above to deliver the PRP to the deeper layers of the skin.
- At Skintelligence Medical Aesthetics, we use micro needling in combination with PRP (platelet rich plasma). This dual approach is far more effective:
Micro-needling is also known as Epidermal Collagen Induction therapy and has gained popularity in the aesthetic world recently, because it is effective, affordable, safe for most skin types, virtually painless and requires minimal downtime.
All areas of the body may be treated: the face, neck, décolleté, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back.
On average patients experience some redness 2-4 days after the treatment, but some patients heal in 24 hours. Patients will notice an immediate “glow” to their skin and can expect ongoing improvements for up to 6 months after the treatment. The number of treatments depends on the skin condition being treated – some patients require only one treatment, however, usually a series of 3 treatments about 6-8 weeks apart is suggested. For patients with acne scars, 6-8 sessions may be required for desired results.
PRP is a high concentration of platelets that are biologically nutrient rich cells.
A sample of your blood will be taken, spun in a centrifuge, which separates the platelets from the other blood cells. The platelet rich plasma is activated to release at least 8 essential growth factors that help repair, regenerate, renew, and rejuvenate. Growth factors help to heal damaged skin cells, produce new healthy skin cells, improve blood flow to the skin and promote collagen growth.
There is virtually no risk of intolerance, as it is the patients blood being used!
PRP hair loss
PRP hair loss
40% Men will have noticeable hair loss by age 35.
65% Men will have noticeable hair loss by age 60.
70% Men will have noticeable hair loss by age 80.
80% Women will have noticeable hair loss by age 60.
PRP for Hair regrowth
- Increases blood supply to the follicle
- Increases shaft size ( thickness)
- Triggers and maintains the growth phase
- Controls the hair growth cycle
- Decreases hair loss
Male and female pattern hair loss is a genetic problem that can leave you feeling helpless. Options, like prescription drugs, are often partially effective and carry the potential for unwanted side effects. Surgical hair restoration can be expensive and not treat the underlying medical problems.
Now there is an affordable way for you to regain you hair density without surgery or harmful side effects. Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) for hair restoration involves a simple injection of your own platelets into the vascular layer of your scalp.
How PRP works
Platelets contain healing growth factors. These growth factors are like signal callers that give instructions to your tissue to regenerate and multiply. This has led different fields of medicine to utilize PRP for wound healing to speed up recovery time and regrow healthier, stronger tissue.
Now doctors have discovered new benefits for hair thickening and regrowth. With PRP for hair, your growth factors and stem cells work together to reverse the miniaturization of the hair follicle and jumpstarting dormant hair back into the growth stage.
The number of treatments will vary based on your need. At Skintelligence we often recommend an initial treatment series of 3, a month apart and then maintenance treatments every 6 months.
PRP is not a cure for baldness ( Androgenic Alopecia). The genetic medical problem will always remain. However, there is great evidence that regular treatments can significantly slow down the effects of Androgenic Alopecia and even work to increase hair density.